How to change default listener port for MSI deployment

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
HMJust

How to change default listener port for MSI deployment

Post by HMJust » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:05 am

I want to do an install on a Windows machine with a deployment package made in v.15

I would like to be able to set the default listener port, either in the package settings or in a command line parameter for msiexec. Does anyone know how that is done?
I don't know what I am doing, nor how I did it. If it works, luck was involved :geek:

HMJust

Re: How to change default listener port for MSI deployment

Post by HMJust » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:24 pm

I found it in the documentation, but not where I'd expect to find it. The parameter is called HOSTROUTEPORTNUMBER

So I'll use a command line like
msiexec /i V15_A_v1.0.0_en-us.msi APPA=X:\LANSA8954 HOSTROUTEPORTNUMBER=8954
I don't know what I am doing, nor how I did it. If it works, luck was involved :geek:

Dino

Re: How to change default listener port for MSI deployment

Post by Dino » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:23 am

When you create a deployment package, you indicate the port to use as a client, and as a server, clicking in the Communication Manager icon at the deployment package level:
deploy0.jpg
deploy0.jpg (75.38 KiB) Viewed 424 times
then first, you indicate which one you want to use as a client:
deploy1.jpg
deploy1.jpg (145.46 KiB) Viewed 424 times
then which one as a server in the Advanced / Listener option for the listener service:
deploy2.jpg
deploy2.jpg (68.73 KiB) Viewed 424 times

off course, in this example, I am deploying something that will be running in the server, hence, it have the server and client part. if you only deploying the client, you only need the first part, etc.