Accessibility & ARIA

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
mark.civ

Accessibility & ARIA

Post by mark.civ » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:27 am

Within Visual LANSA, I am attempting to understand the capabilities for generating an accessible web application. When I search on terms such as accessibility or ARIA or screen reader I get very little information or assistance.

Say, for example, I add an input box to a client side reusable part. Currently a screen reader will not read the caption because of the way the html is constructed. I can see no support for ARIA tags to overcome this issue. Similarly I see no simple way to add html such as navigation blocks.

Considering how accessibility is such a big topic on web sites and web applications, I am wondering whether I have missed how LANSA handles and deals with this?

If anyone has undergone investigation into this, can point me in the right direction, or suggest how they have created an approach to tackling this, it would be really helpful.

bark

Re: Accessibility & ARIA

Post by bark » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:05 am

I was told recently that its shipping in an upcoming EPC. You could ask your local rep when that is.
HTH
bark

René Houba

Post by René Houba » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:31 pm

This is part of EPC150060, coming out soon.

Kind regards,
René

mark.civ

Post by mark.civ » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:51 pm

This is good news.

Thanks for the update.