#sys_msgq.Messages

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
soa

#sys_msgq.Messages

Post by soa » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 pm

In my application I have created a messages popup based on the one in the tutorial. I have a form that displays a signon panel with a couple of fields and submit button. The submit button calls a server module (no file specified). The SrvRoutine is a custom one and uses the LANSA message command to issue messages which are displayed in the PopUp. This works fine except that the #sys_msgq.Messages list is never cleared and the message list gets longer and longer with each button click. I've added a CLR_MESSAGES in the server module but this makes no difference. Do I need to issue a #sys_msgq.Messages.Clear before the server module call. I haven't seen that in the examples.

Stewart Marshall

Re: #sys_msgq.Messages

Post by Stewart Marshall » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:16 pm

SYS_MSGQ was added to provide a more flexible messaging model. This allows you to add your own contextual messages for controls. Sadly, it also requires that you control when they are cleared.

Messaging and sys_msqQ are very much a work in progress. Definitely more to come in future versions.

Regards
Stewart Marshall

Independent IT Consultant
www.marshallfloyd.com.au