VLF Instance List Code Assistant

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
jyoung

VLF Instance List Code Assistant

Post by jyoung » Fri May 20, 2016 2:55 am

I am using VLF and need to create a custom instance list. The documentation at http://docs.lansa.com/140/EN/LANSA048/i ... 8_0325.htm
states that
A Code Assistant is shipped with the Framework that will generate a basic instance list browser for you.
How do I get to this assistant? I don't see anything in the Program Coding Assistant that mentions "instance lists" and I don't see any templates referring to VLF Instance Lists.

Thanks,
Joe

jyoung

Re: VLF Instance List Code Assistant

Post by jyoung » Fri May 20, 2016 3:19 am

It almost never fails that I discover something after I post a question.

Apparently the assistant is available when using VLF-WIN but is not available with VLF-ONE.

You can see this by selecting a business object (not a command handler or filter) and selecting VLF-WIN, notice the Snap In Instance List Browser is available, selecting VLF-ONE shows nothing.

I think this is a bug / missing item in the framework and I've notified support.

MarkDale

Post by MarkDale » Fri May 20, 2016 8:56 am

The documentation is incorrect, for VLF-ONE. There is currently no code assistant that generates a VLF-ONE snap in instance list.

A code assistant will be added at some point in the future.

There is however a shipped example of a snap in instance list, under Example Applications -> Advanced -> Snap In Instance List. (example DF_T41I1O)

Also, you might want to investigate what can be done with the standard instance lists before creating your own snap in one, because In VLF-ONE there are alot more options for using your own panels in instance lists.

If you check this section

http://docs.lansa.com/140/EN/LANSA048/i ... anager.htm

and look at the sub-sections:
Using VLF-ONE Instance List Browser VF_UM040O
Using VLF-ONE Instance List Browser VF_UM041O - Introduction
Using VLF-ONE Instance List Browser VF_UM041O - Advanced
Making your own VLF-ONE Instance List Browser
Adding Additional Columns to Instance Lists

In the shipped framework, See Resource Applications --> People for an example of a business object that uses snap in panels (example DF_T40PAO)

jyoung

Post by jyoung » Fri May 20, 2016 10:54 pm

That helps.

I am needing to do something akin to the "People" Instance List in the Resource Applications.

Thanks.

MarkD

Post by MarkD » Mon May 23, 2016 8:33 am

Try executing Example Applications -> Advanced -> Instance List Panels.
The filter is DF_T56010O and the snap-in instance list panel is DF_T5602O.