VLF-ONE custom logon handler.

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
andrewhiom

VLF-ONE custom logon handler.

Post by andrewhiom » Mon May 23, 2016 5:46 pm

hi all,

i'm interested in completely bypassing the VLF-ONE logon panel when my framework is executed.

the documentation says to "Ask on VL forum" for further details :)

in the first instance, i've created my own version of UF_OEXEC along with a custom logon handler inheriting from VF_AC026O, and a custom logon validator inheriting from VF_AC027O.

next step is to change the default behaviour of the parts inheriting from VF_AC026O and VF_AC027O to do the bypass (i.e. not show the panel and flag as True that a valid logon has occurred).

is this even possible with the way the logon is architected, and if so which methods need to be redefined or additional parts created?

cheers ...

andrew.

MarkD

Re: VLF-ONE custom logon handler.

Post by MarkD » Tue May 24, 2016 9:06 am

There’s a new VLF-ONE version (EPC140026) that should go GA in the next few weeks.

In that version the logon capability has been fairly heavily revised and several new features added - so it would probably be better to defer answering this question until you have that new version.

Is that a possibility?

andrewhiom

Post by andrewhiom » Tue May 24, 2016 10:09 am

yes, thanks, i'll wait.

can you confirm such a thing will be possible (my aim is to launch the framework from another web page, where the user's credentials have already been verified)?

MarkD

Post by MarkD » Tue May 24, 2016 10:37 am

I think so – you would just bypass displaying the logon and send the pre-checked credentials on to your server side logon validation program which can do whatever it wants to with them. Do you have any ideas firmed up about how to get the pre-checked credentials from the logon form into your VLF-ONE application (assuming you need to do that)?

andrewhiom

Post by andrewhiom » Tue May 24, 2016 11:19 am

once a user is successfully logged on to our intranet, they are assigned a session id which is carried around everywhere. the framework will be launched from the intranet using a hyperlink, passing the user id and session id via the url. these will then be retrieved using #sys_web.URLParameters and silently validated against the server.

MarkD

Post by MarkD » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Please see new item http://vlforum.lansa.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=157

This should tell you what you need to know to implement this.