VLWEB Designer

Please log all suggestions for improvements and enhancements to Visual LANSA here. All entries will be acknowledged and added to the list for possible inclusion in later releases of Visual LANSA.
soa

VLWEB Designer

Post by soa » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:50 pm

When layout out a panel design certain components - are invisible on the design panel. This means when coming back to a design you can forget they are there and makes using Layout more difficult.

Other controls - eg HTML Container show their name centered on the design panel but no indication of size.

Would it be possible for the image control to also show its name

Would it be possible to have a design time outline for all controls - perhaps configurable. Like the dotted lines show for Layouts.

I know it might may the layout panel busy but would definitely help.

jyoung

Re: VLWEB Designer

Post by jyoung » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:43 pm

+1 I am constantly "losing" things on the designer.

I have come to rely on the outline window a lot as it lets you select a component there and have the designer select it and get access to the properties for the component.

atostaine

Re: VLWEB Designer

Post by atostaine » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:48 am

jyoung wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:43 pm
+1 I am constantly "losing" things on the designer.

I have come to rely on the outline window a lot as it lets you select a component there and have the designer select it and get access to the properties for the component.
I use the outline constantly as well. The move focus to parent button on the detailer is useful too.
Art Tostaine