[VLF WIN] How to show the status message into the status bar on the framework?

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Taku Izumi

[VLF WIN] How to show the status message into the status bar on the framework?

Post by Taku Izumi » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Hi,

How to show the status message into the status bar on the VLF Windows?

I execute the "MESSAGE MSGTXT('Processing'') TYPE(*STATUS)" code in the framework, but the status message is not shown the status bar.

Regards,
Taku Izumi

MarkD

Re: [VLF WIN] How to show the status message into the status bar on the framework?

Post by MarkD » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:21 am

This is for VL-Windows ................
I think status messages are only for 5250 screens.
If you use just MESSAGE MSGTXT('Processing'') then it should appear on the status bar.
If not, try using USE CLR_MESSAGES to get rid of whats already there - and also to clear your processing message when complete.
If your MESSAGE command is in (nested) methods consider the implications of using Options(*RECEIVES_MESSAGES *RETURNS_MESSAGES) on the method stack. You MESSAGE may need to flow up the stack to the UI layer.

Taku Izumi

Re: [VLF WIN] How to show the status message into the status bar on the framework?

Post by Taku Izumi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi Mark,

I was able to show the status message.

If the framework is executed using RenderType W, the status message is shown into the status bar.

Thanks,
Taku Izumi

MarkD

Post by MarkD » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:38 am

It should also work with RenderType M (Mixed).
If it does not then it should be reported to LANSA support.