Tutorial - Web Application Modules (WAMs) - 404

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Weissnix

Tutorial - Web Application Modules (WAMs) - 404

Post by Weissnix » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:20 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new to LANSA programming and currently working on Web Application Modules (WAMs).

I'm watching this tutorial:

https://docs.lansa.com/14/en/...

I noticed that there is no CSS in the design view. The design is just HTML and there is nothing to choose from in the Class dropdown. see screenshot
testWAM.jpg
testWAM.jpg (120.62 KiB) Viewed 279 times
And the second problem: When I execute and the browser calls this URL: http://localhost:8080/lansa/lansaweb?wa ... UT&lang=DE

I get HTTP Error 404 - Not Found.

When I get http://localhost:8080/ I get the "Welcome to the "LANSA" website, created by the LANSA install."

Do you have any tips for me?

Greetings from Germany

atostaine

Re: Tutorial - Web Application Modules (WAMs) - 404

Post by atostaine » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:01 am

Tip# 1: Don't use WAM's. Use VL-WEB.

Did you compile your WAM?

Art
Art Tostaine

AbelS

Post by AbelS » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi Weissnix

I Agree with Art (if you are just starting to develop for Web) use Web pages instead of WAMs.

However, if you have to maintain existing WAMs, then going through the tutorials is a good idea.

On the bottom of the IDE you will see "LANSA:XHTML". Click on it and you will be presented with this dialog:
Web sanity tests.jpg
Web sanity tests.jpg (81.91 KiB) Viewed 259 times
Run the first two tests. If the first one passes (you have a working web server) run the second (you can run a WAM webroutine).

If the first test fails, contact Support who will help you troubleshoot your installation. If it passes, run the second one and if the page loads but the page doesn't look right, press F12 (developer tools) on your browser and see what errors are shown.

HTH
Abel

AbelS

Post by AbelS » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:21 pm

Forgot to mention to first confirm Art's suggestion that you have compiled your WAM.

Cheers

bark

Post by bark » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:52 pm

I agree with the others that have posted here already. For new web development, don't proceed with WAMs as you are starting with a technology from 2005 and this isn't the technology that LANSA will be pushing on with in terms of future development and enhancements. The WAM technology is in a 'fixes only/no further enhancements' status. There's even a notice regarding wams posted on the support section of the web site https://www.lansa.com/support/tips/t0639.htm

I'd suggest to...
Install or upgrade to V14 SP2 and execute any of the sample apps from the home page in the VL IDE. Or create your own version of the apps based on the sample apps. Checkin and compile and execute against the IBM i.
Or if you are on an older version of LANSA and, for application maintenance reasons, cannot upgrade then just download the free trial from the LANSA web site and play around with with the web samples in that environment.

Weissnix

Post by Weissnix » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:17 am

First of all thank you and apologize for the late reply, many other projects ...
atostaine wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:01 am
Tip# 1: Don't use WAM's. Use VL-WEB.

Did you compile your WAM?

Art
Thanks for the hint, I'm really inexperienced in this area and just worked my way through the tutorials
AbelS wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:56 pm
Hi Weissnix

I Agree with Art (if you are just starting to develop for Web) use Web pages instead of WAMs.

However, if you have to maintain existing WAMs, then going through the tutorials is a good idea.

On the bottom of the IDE you will see "LANSA:XHTML". Click on it and you will be presented with this dialog:

Web sanity tests.jpg

Run the first two tests. If the first one passes (you have a working web server) run the second (you can run a WAM webroutine).

If the first test fails, contact Support who will help you troubleshoot your installation. If it passes, run the second one and if the page loads but the page doesn't look right, press F12 (developer tools) on your browser and see what errors are shown.

HTH
Abel
The first passes but on the second i got: HTTP Error 404 - Not Found
AbelS wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:21 pm
Forgot to mention to first confirm Art's suggestion that you have compiled your WAM.

Cheers
I get the following errors:

<BLU>_____________ Messages issued by FCC and Code Generation Steps _________________
<RED>====== Messages issued for DEFINE command at sequence number +65 ======
<RED>PRC0056/** Field with name STD_INT2 already defined in the data dictionary
<RED>DCM9898/Name STD_INT2 has already been defined to the LANSA Repository as a Field.
<RED>====== Messages issued for DEFINE command at sequence number +66 ======
<RED>PRC0056/** Field with name STD_INT3 already defined in the data dictionary
<RED>DCM9898/Name STD_INT3 has already been defined to the LANSA Repository as a Field.
<RED>========================= General Messages =========================
<GRN>PRC1053/FCC Completed : +0 Warning Messages issued for Component AA_WAM
<RED>PRC1054/FCC Completed : +4 Fatal Messages issued for Component AA_WAM.
<BLU>_____________________________ End of Messages __________________________________
bark wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:52 pm
I'd suggest to...
Install or upgrade to V14 SP2 and execute any of the sample apps from the home page in the VL IDE. Or create your own version of the apps based on the sample apps. Checkin and compile and execute against the IBM i.
Or if you are on an older version of LANSA and, for application maintenance reasons, cannot upgrade then just download the free trial from the LANSA web site and play around with with the web samples in that environment.
Thank you for the link and the hint, I will follow the advice.
I have also already installed the latest version V14 SP2 with the latest EPC

With greetings

AbelS

Post by AbelS » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:11 am

Your WAM is not compiling due to the errors shown.

If you use fields defined in the LANSA repository, you don't need to define them in your RDMLX, just use them. When you define your own fields, don't start their names with "std" or" x", as these prefixes are reserved for fields and components shipped by LANSA.