VLF One and OAuth

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Eugene

VLF One and OAuth

Post by Eugene » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:03 pm

I'm looking at implementing OAuth2 for signing on to VLF One. I've worked through the examples and got those working. However, I'm lost on where to start implementing it for VLF One. I've created my own IIP component to validate the user and have started looking at creating my own client side logon handler. Can any one offer any guidance or code samples?

MarkD

Re: VLF One and OAuth

Post by MarkD » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 am

I have been advised that this should be possible.
Give us a few days or so and we will post a working example as it's probably useful for other people as well.

MarkD

Post by MarkD » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:55 am

There’s been a slight change of plans on this one.

We are going to introduce support for logon by Google, Microsoft and Facebook as standard features in the next VLF-ONE version.

However, if you want to get it going right now I would recommend getting your Google (?) logon and verification logic all working, with the final redirection URL to your VLF-ONE application with some ‘extra stuff’ on the URL.

Then make an invisible custom VLF-ONE logon along these lines - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164&p=530

Basically, it would see ‘extra stuff’ on the URL and not display the VLF-ONE logon, instead passing the details directly to the server side final VLF-ONE validation routine that can decide to accept or reject the user.

Eugene

Post by Eugene » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Hi Mark,
Good news! Now when will the next version of VLF-One be available?
The customer has decided to use Azure AD to authenticate their users so if the new version will be available in the next week or two I can focus on other parts of the project.
P.S.
If you have a beta I would be willing to put it through its paces.