VL-Web: CRLF is added, when a value is copied from an Excel cell and pasted into a field on the screen.

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Rieko Saitoh

VL-Web: CRLF is added, when a value is copied from an Excel cell and pasted into a field on the screen.

Post by Rieko Saitoh » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi all,

When I copy and paste the value of an EXCEL cell into a field, CRLF(Carrige Return / Line Feed ) is added.CRLF is not necessary.
Is there only a way to remove CRLF with logic? Is there any other way?

LANSA version: V14SP2
EPC level: EPC142040

Thank you.

Best regards,
Rieko Saitoh
LANSA japan

MarkD

Re: VL-Web: CRLF is added, when a value is copied from an Excel cell and pasted into a field on the screen.

Post by MarkD » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:05 am

It's easy to remove them from a field's content.

Are you asking if there is another way so that you do not have to do even that?

Rieko Saitoh

Re: VL-Web: CRLF is added, when a value is copied from an Excel cell and pasted into a field on the screen.

Post by Rieko Saitoh » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:54 am

Hi Mark,

Could you tell me if there is a way to remove CRLF without using logics?
I learned how logic can remove CRLF. The following logic.

#CR: = (13) .AsUnicodeString
#LF: = (10) .AsUnicodeString
#CRLF: = #CR + #LF
#STD_TEXT: = # STD_TEXT.Remove (#CR) .Remove (#LF) .Remove (#CRLF)

Is there any other way?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Rieko Saitoh
LANSA japan

MarkD

Post by MarkD » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Not that I now of. There are articles on the Internet on how to copy MS-Excel cells without including them .... but I guess that would require end user behavioral changes.