Calculate the lenght of field contens

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
kno_dk

Calculate the lenght of field contens

Post by kno_dk » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:30 am

Hi.

Is it possible to calculate the lenght of the content in field so I can set the width of the field in a RP?

/Klaus

atostaine

Re: Calculate the lenght of field contens

Post by atostaine » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:47 am

Isn't it curchars? You might have to add a trim in there.

https://docs.lansa.com/14/en/lansa016/p ... rchars.htm
Art Tostaine

kno_dk

Post by kno_dk » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:35 am

Hi

Thanks.

it gives me the numbers of letters in the field.

I need the size in the format of width. I need it to make some kind of breadcrum, like:
Home page > Services > About Us > Home page > Latest Newsletter > Home page > Page currently being viewed

If i just put the fields after each other I will get some space betweend the fields.

Klaus

dannyoorburg

Post by dannyoorburg » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:41 am

I usually make breadcrumbs like that with labels flowing left to right with variable width....

Cheers,
Danny

kno_dk

Post by kno_dk » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:02 am

Hi

thanks

But I still need to change the width of the labels so it is like
Home page > Services > About Us > Home page > Latest Newsletter > Home page > Page currently being viewed

and not like :

My breadcrumbs could by VW or Mercedes I would like the > be just right to the eg VW > and Mercedes >

/Klaus

dannyoorburg

Post by dannyoorburg » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:31 am

Hi Klaus,

Try the sample code below :)

Maybe this is what you want.

Cheers,
Danny

Code: Select all

Begin_Com Role(*EXTENDS #PRIM_WEB) Theme(#SYS_THEME<MaterialDesignBlue>) LayoutManager(#LayoutMain)

Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO) Name(#LayoutMain)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Column) Name(#LayoutMainColumn1) DisplayPosition(1) Parent(#LayoutMain)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Column) Name(#LayoutMainColumn2) DisplayPosition(2) Parent(#LayoutMain) Width(20)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Column) Name(#LayoutMainColumn3) DisplayPosition(3) Parent(#LayoutMain)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Row) Name(#LayoutMainRow1) DisplayPosition(1) Parent(#LayoutMain) Height(200) Units(Pixels)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Row) Name(#LayoutMainRow2) DisplayPosition(2) Parent(#LayoutMain)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Item) Name(#LayoutMainItem1) Alignment(TopLeft) Column(#LayoutMainColumn2) Flow(Right) Manage(#Caption1) Parent(#LayoutMain) Row(#LayoutMainRow1) Sizing(ContentWidth)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Item) Name(#LayoutMainItem2) Alignment(TopLeft) Column(#LayoutMainColumn2) Flow(Right) Manage(#Text1) Parent(#LayoutMain) Row(#LayoutMainRow1) Sizing(ContentWidth)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Item) Name(#LayoutMainItem3) Alignment(TopLeft) Column(#LayoutMainColumn2) Flow(Right) Manage(#Caption2) Parent(#LayoutMain) Row(#LayoutMainRow1) Sizing(ContentWidth)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Item) Name(#LayoutMainItem4) Alignment(TopLeft) Column(#LayoutMainColumn2) Flow(Right) Manage(#Text3) Parent(#LayoutMain) Row(#LayoutMainRow1) Sizing(ContentWidth)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Item) Name(#LayoutMainItem5) Alignment(TopLeft) Column(#LayoutMainColumn2) Flow(Right) Manage(#Caption3) Parent(#LayoutMain) Row(#LayoutMainRow1) Sizing(ContentWidth)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Item) Name(#LayoutMainItem6) Alignment(TopLeft) Column(#LayoutMainColumn2) Flow(Right) Manage(#Text5) Parent(#LayoutMain) Row(#LayoutMainRow1) Sizing(ContentWidth)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Item) Name(#LayoutMainItem7) Alignment(TopLeft) Column(#LayoutMainColumn2) Flow(Right) Manage(#Caption4) Parent(#LayoutMain) Row(#LayoutMainRow1) Sizing(ContentWidth)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Item) Name(#LayoutMainItem8) Alignment(TopLeft) Column(#LayoutMainColumn2) Manage(#Button1) Parent(#LayoutMain) Row(#LayoutMainRow2) Sizing(None) Flow(Right) MarginBottom(8) MarginLeft(8) MarginRight(8) MarginTop(8)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Item) Name(#LayoutMainItem9) Alignment(TopLeft) Column(#LayoutMainColumn2) Manage(#Button2) Parent(#LayoutMain) Row(#LayoutMainRow2) Sizing(None) Flow(Right) MarginBottom(8) MarginLeft(8) MarginRight(8) MarginTop(8)

Define_Com Class(#PRIM_MD.Label) Name(#Caption1) Caption('Home page') DisplayPosition(1) Left(55) Parent(#COM_OWNER) TabPosition(7) Top(0) Width(75)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_MD.Label) Name(#Text1) Caption('>') DisplayPosition(2) Left(130) Parent(#COM_OWNER) TabPosition(3) Top(0) Width(11)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_MD.Label) Name(#Caption2) Caption('Services') DisplayPosition(3) Left(141) Parent(#COM_OWNER) TabPosition(6) Top(0) Width(55)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_MD.Label) Name(#Text3) Caption('>') DisplayPosition(4) Left(196) Parent(#COM_OWNER) TabPosition(2) Top(0) Width(11)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_MD.Label) Name(#Caption3) Caption('About Us') DisplayPosition(5) Left(207) Parent(#COM_OWNER) TabPosition(4) Top(0) Width(61)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_MD.Label) Name(#Text5) Caption('>') DisplayPosition(6) Left(268) Parent(#COM_OWNER) TabPosition(1) Top(0) Width(11)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_MD.Label) Name(#Caption4) Caption('Latest Newsletter') DisplayPosition(7) Left(279) Parent(#COM_OWNER) TabPosition(5) Top(0) Width(114)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_MD.RaisedButton) Name(#Button1) Caption('NEWSLETTER') DisplayPosition(8) Left(63) Parent(#COM_OWNER) TabPosition(9) ThemeDrawStyle('MediumTitle') Top(200)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_MD.RaisedButton) Name(#Button2) Caption('MY ACCOUNT') DisplayPosition(9) Left(179) Parent(#COM_OWNER) TabPosition(8) ThemeDrawStyle('MediumTitle') Top(200)

Evtroutine Handling(#Button1.Click)

#Caption1 := 'Home page'
#Caption2 := 'Services'
#Caption3 := 'About Us'
#Caption4 := 'Latest Newsletter'

Endroutine

Evtroutine Handling(#Button2.Click)

#Caption1 := 'Home page'
#Caption2 := 'My Account'
#Caption3 := 'Latest Statements'
#Caption4 := 'May 2019'

Endroutine