Input fields in VL Web List

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Pratibha

Input fields in VL Web List

Post by Pratibha » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi all,

I have a question. I have to create a list like this:
Screen4.PNG
Screen4.PNG (176.68 KiB) Viewed 119 times
So, I have a minus and a plus button in the list, but ALSO an input field. Is that possible.

The problem is that I do not see the input field in my list. I see the field in the LANSA IDE, but when I run the application, the input field is gone:

IDE:
Screen3.PNG
Screen3.PNG (52.75 KiB) Viewed 119 times
WHen I run it:
screen2.PNG
screen2.PNG (31.77 KiB) Viewed 119 times
Kind regards,
Pratibha

kno_dk

Re: Input fields in VL Web List

Post by kno_dk » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:21 pm

Hi

I have this
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_LABL) Name(#Vare2KurvAntalPlus) Caption('+') Displayposition(2) Ellipses(Word) Height(25) Left(0) Parent(#Vare2KurvAntalPanel) Tabposition(2) Tabstop(False) Top(8) Verticalalignment(Center) Width(15) Alignment(Center) Themedrawstyle('Link')
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_LABL) Name(#Vare2KurvAntalMinus) Caption('-') Displayposition(3) Ellipses(Word) Height(25) Left(49) Parent(#Vare2KurvAntalPanel) Tabposition(3) Tabstop(False) Top(8) Verticalalignment(Center) Width(15) Alignment(Center) Themedrawstyle('Link')
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_EDIT) Name(#Vare1KurvAntalInput) Displayposition(4) Left(15) Parent(#Vare1KurvAntalPanel) Showselection(False) Showselectionhilight(False) Tabposition(4) Width(34) Top(8) Value('0')

So it is possible

Pratibha

Post by Pratibha » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Hi,

My question was to put input field on a listview . How is that possible? The answer which you send is just a input field on a dialog/ form.

Regards,
Pratibha

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:43 am

Hi Pratibha,

Drag one of the Input controls and drop it on your list:
InputControls.PNG
InputControls.PNG (14.24 KiB) Viewed 102 times
Regards,
Pablo

Pratibha

Post by Pratibha » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:26 pm

Hello,

I have resolved it with spin edit as a input field on a listview. Normal input field was not visible.
screen1.PNG
screen1.PNG (26.53 KiB) Viewed 68 times
Thank you,

Regards,
Pratibha

Dominik

Post by Dominik » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:29 pm

When you drag a field onto a PRIM_MD.List, by default it is added as a label (not an input field). If you look at the source code you will see it has a class #PRIM_MD.ListLabel. At design time it shows the field name, but at runtime it will be populated with the value of that field in the list. If you havent assigned a value to #VERATLV then it will display blank.

To add an input field to a PRIM_MD list, drag an input from the controls tab. Then while that input is highlighted, go to the Details tab and set the Source property to the field you want to use. In the case of your sample, you may want to set the CaptionPosition to None, Appearance TextFieldArea, DisplayAlignment Center and HelperPosition None.

Code: Select all

Define_Com Class(#PRIM_MD.ListEdit) Name(#ListQuantity1) Caption('Order Quantity') Displayposition(4) Dragstyle(None) Left(507) Parent(#List) Tabposition(8) Top(6) Source(#STD_NUM) Value('0') Appearance(TextFieldArea) Captionposition(None) Helperposition(None) Height(40) Width(40) Displayalignment(Center) Style(#Style1)
I have attached a sample of how this can work - i also included another way of doing it, using the a list item design as a separate component.
Attachments
QuickExport20191209132846.zip
(14.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet