New VL V14SP2 Installation Error

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
atostaine

New VL V14SP2 Installation Error

Post by atostaine » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:44 am

Trying to do install on new laptop. Seeing this error, retries didn't help. Will submit a support incident tomorrow, also trying google but nothing yet.
install_error.png
install_error.png (25.05 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Any ideas?
Art Tostaine

JamesDuignan

Re: New VL V14SP2 Installation Error

Post by JamesDuignan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi Art,
I haven't seen this before.

However, in the %temp% directory, there will be a few LANSAInstall*.txt files that are the logs from your Install. When you submit this to support include these, it should make the turn around a bit quicker ;)

Regards,
James

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:11 pm

Thanks James. The logs pointed to a corrupt vlfruntime.zip. I fixed that file and now it says install is finished and it was going to start LANSA to initialize the DB. The LANSA icon on my desktop says target not found.

I tried to repair the installation and when select the installation and click next the program terminates.
Art Tostaine

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:33 pm

I did a new installation into the same directory, and it looks like it's going. Installing EPC's now.
Art Tostaine