fetching record with BLOB column via RRN does not invoke trigger

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
dhnaigles

fetching record with BLOB column via RRN does not invoke trigger

Post by dhnaigles » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:22 am

I am trying to retrieve a record from a table on the IBMi with a BLOB column, sic DXDOCS, via Relative Record Number. The table has a file-level trigger, but when I do the fetch, the after_read is not invoked. Is there an issue with invoking the trigger when fetching with_rrn?

atostaine

Re: fetching record with BLOB column via RRN does not invoke trigger

Post by atostaine » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:24 am

Hi David: I don't know the answer but I was wondering what you were doing with the after_read trigger? Anything interesting related to the blob?
Art Tostaine

dhnaigles

Post by dhnaigles » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:42 am

Art, we are in the process of removing the BLOB field from the table and putting the documents into a NAS. Our document table is already hundreds of gigabytes and growing daily. the goal is to put all the documents into a NAS and then have the BLOB field as a virtual field and use the trigger to retrieve, save, update, and delete the documents. Therefore, I am using a before insert,before update, and before delete to do the document management and the after_read to retrieve the document and assign it to the BLOB field.

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:45 am

Ok I see. Thanks
Art Tostaine