Change IDE database

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
atostaine

Change IDE database

Post by atostaine » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:59 am

I have a new installation of V14SP2 on a new laptop. I have the .MDF and .LDF files from the old laptop. I'd like to temporarily point my IDE to the other DB so that I can quick export a few missing components (they weren't checked in to repository on IBM i)

I changed my ODBC source default database to the restored one but I don't see all of my components that are in there (Verified by running Query on LX_FRD)

Both systems are V14sp2 with matching EPC's.

Where can I find the setting to use the other DB? Thank you.
Last edited by atostaine on Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Art Tostaine

atostaine

Re: Change IDE database

Post by atostaine » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:52 pm

My ODBC data source originally pointed to default database A4DDS. I changed it to V14SP2. To make sure it was using new database, I renamed A4DDS to A4DDS_X.

IDE won't start, there must be another setting somewhere.
Art Tostaine

atostaine

Re: Change IDE database

Post by atostaine » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:36 pm

I did another install of LANSA and pointed it to the existing database from my old laptop. I can quick export what I need.
Art Tostaine