VLF-One Framework Locking

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
mwilliams

VLF-One Framework Locking

Post by mwilliams » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:42 am

I'm trying to mimic framework locking in my VLF-One app like it works in VLF-WIN. We have several screens that we want to pose an "are you sure"
question before navigating away to another screen and for the most part I've got it working using the avRAMP_QueryCanClose and avRAMP_QueryCanExecute methods. The one issue I'm having is that when I have a business object with multiple command handlers and one of the handlers needs to be locked, the command handler tab bar above the ramp session highlights the newly selected command handler even if I choose to cancel the action.

For example, I'm on the edit customer command. If I attempt to switch over to credit analysis, I get my confirmation message like below
pic1.png
pic1.png (24.46 KiB) Viewed 454 times
Now if I click the cancel option, my screen stays right were it was, but the credit analysis tab is shown as selected.
pic2.png
pic2.png (15.04 KiB) Viewed 454 times
I was wondering if there was a way to revert the tab back to the edit customer command tab so that it lines up with what screen is actually showing.

Also, as a side note, I had to mark my command handlers as "stay active" in the framework in order to stop the screen from going blank in the event that I selected cancel. It seems that the uTerminate of the command handler fires before the avRAMP_CanQueryExecute does. I don't know if there is a better way. I would think that the query methods would fire first before anything else since they determine what the ramp screen does.