Integrator PDFSpoolFileService - Image Size

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Joerg Hamacher

Integrator PDFSpoolFileService - Image Size

Post by Joerg Hamacher » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:22 am

Hi,

we are converting spool files to PDF via LANSA Integrator PDFSpoolFileService.
Now we want to embed the company's letter paper design as background into the PDF.

We have both a jpg file and a pdf document available (both files are covering a complete DINA4 page). Files for 1st page and following pages differ.

What is better / easier - using an image file or a PDF for the background?
How can I embed a jpg into the PDF document as background? With SET *IMAGES? How are the correct parameter settings for x,y,width, height when I want the image to cover the whole PDF page? How is the correct JSM command for using SET *IMAGES? How can I tell the program to use another jpg or pdf for page 2?
Or should I use the PDF - how could this work with PDF as background?

Or are there some new ways to generate a PDF from a Spoolfile that I do not know of? Maybe in Visual LANSA?

Many thanks in advance,
Joerg

Joerg Hamacher

Re: Integrator PDFSpoolFileService - Image Size

Post by Joerg Hamacher » Wed May 20, 2020 10:00 pm

Hi again,

is there really no way to embed an background image into a PDF?
Neither in LANSA Integrator nor in VL?
And no working example how to do it?

I can't imagine ;)

Best regards,
Joerg

soa

Re: Integrator PDFSpoolFileService - Image Size

Post by soa » Thu May 21, 2020 8:59 am

The PDF Document Service allows PDFs to be manipulated.

You would need to create a PDF from PDFSpoolFileService the use DDF Document Service to create a new PDF enclosing the initial to which you should be able to add an overlayed image/watermark which can be defined as an image in the xml file.