Task Tracking - Revert Local Changes

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
jyoung

Task Tracking - Revert Local Changes

Post by jyoung » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:28 am

I have a Server Module and some other Reusable Parts that are checked out with Task Tracking.

They have changes that have not been checked in. I would like to revert all my local changes with the copy that is on the server, essentially removing all my changes.

A "refresh" does not seem to be doing anything and I cannot check it out, because its already checked out.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

I think I can use PSO to force a checkout, or maybe kill (close and finish) the task then I can checkout, but I am thinking there should be / is a better option.

Thanks,
Joe

caseywhite

Re: Task Tracking - Revert Local Changes

Post by caseywhite » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:01 am

Joe, you should be able to Unlock it from the IDE by right clicking on the object. After it unlocks you can then check it out either for update or readonly.

jyoung

Post by jyoung » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:27 am

The unlock was the piece I was missing.

Thanks!

caseywhite

Post by caseywhite » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:31 am

One other thing to mention, the unlock will still leave it on the task. So if you need to remove it from the task you need to go into Housekeeping and release the lock. Unlock is with respect to the IDE and not the task.

jyoung

Post by jyoung » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:45 am

Yeah I saw that it was still associated with the Task which in this case is ok.
I just needed to dump these changes and start over. :shock:

I've not been doing much LANSA work in the past few months, so I am a bit rusty on all the small particulars.

Thanks for the reminder!