XPRIM_HTTPRequest vs CSV Data

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
MarcusLancaster

XPRIM_HTTPRequest vs CSV Data

Post by MarcusLancaster » Thu May 17, 2018 12:49 am

Hi all.

I've been playing with using the XPRIM_HTTPRequest to download a CSV from an Azure Blob, in a Container, into a server routine.

That works... and I can see that the HTTPRequest.Response does indeed contain the data... but it is just a stream of characters, with the odd linefeed.

What I really want to do is either;

a) Get the response data pushed immediately into a local file (from which I could then use TRANSFORM_FILE to push the data into a working list), or
b) Use another XPRIM utility to directly load the response data into a working list.

But I can't see any options which might give me that functionality... I guess I could receive the data as a string and chop it up and re-assemble as a working list... but that seems quite clunky... and I'm going to run into performance / field size issues, maybe...

So - the bottom line is - can I use the XPRIM_HTTPRequest to grab a CSV and load it straight into a working list (in a server routine) or dump it straight out into a local file.

I suppose I could use Integrator... but was trying to use some of the newer toys first... and just thought I'd check with the forum first...

Cheers for now.

Marcus.

tsupartono

Re: XPRIM_HTTPRequest vs CSV Data

Post by tsupartono » Thu May 17, 2018 9:59 am

The Response object has an AsFile method that would save the response to a file (you can then use TRANSFORM_FILE function to convert that to a list)

Have a look at the documentation below for all the available options:
https://docs.lansa.com/14/en/lansa015/i ... 0_0135.htm

See example below - this saves the response to a temporary file

Code: Select all

Define_Com Class(#PRIM_DC.UnicodeString) Name(#Path)
Define_Com Class(#XPRIM_HttpRequest) Name(#HttpRequest)

* Do your HTTP request
* Save the response to a temporary file (the path of the file is automatically generated)

#HttpRequest.Response.AsFile AutoDelete(True) Result(#Path)

* Use TRANSFORM_FILE (passing #Path.AsNativeString as the input file path)

MarcusLancaster

Re: XPRIM_HTTPRequest vs CSV Data

Post by MarcusLancaster » Thu May 17, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi.

Brilliant! Much appreciated... yep works a treat! I've now got my test CSV downloaded from Azure, into the server module, transformed and passed down to the client as a list.

Thanks for this.

Marcus.