VL-Web V14SP1: the way to acquire the device ID in the VL-WEB program

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Rieko Saitoh

VL-Web V14SP1: the way to acquire the device ID in the VL-WEB program

Post by Rieko Saitoh » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi,

product: VL-Web
LANSA version: V14SP1

Is there a way to acquire the device ID in the VL-WEB program? I would like to know that which device executed the VL-WEB program. Does anyone know a good way?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Rieko Saitoh
LANSA japan

dhnaigles

Re: VL-Web V14SP1: the way to acquire the device ID in the VL-WEB program

Post by dhnaigles » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:26 am

While we have been unable to read the device id, we are using a web page to load unique device id's into each devices localstorage and using this to both validate that the device is registered to be using the web page and to stamp the appropriate records in our tables with that device id. I hope this is of assistance.

MarcusLancaster

Re: VL-Web V14SP1: the way to acquire the device ID in the VL-WEB program

Post by MarcusLancaster » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:57 am

Hi all.

I just wondered if anything has changed since this original post (now we are at V14 SP2)?

Specifically, I'm using LANSA Mobile to wrap up a VL Web app - is there either a property of the LANSA application or a widget + javascript feature which would allow me access to the mobile device UUID / a unique code specific to the device?

If not - that's fine - I'll the use the technique described previously, but I just thought I'd check.

Cheers!

Marcus.