Image questions

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
atostaine

Image questions

Post by atostaine » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:41 pm

I have a VL-WEB App that is running in LANSA Mobile. It's only under mobile because other apps need access to cameras.

I show images in a list, when the user clicks on it, the app does sys_web.navigate to show the image directly. There is no zoom available or right click to save/copy the image. Is that something I can enable?

Thanks
Art Tostaine

Dominik

Re: Image questions

Post by Dominik » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:38 pm

Once you do sys_web.Navigate you are out of VL Web, and you are just viewing the image in the browser. On Android (Chrome) you are able to zoom and long press on the image to save it. I suspect you are using an iPhone, and that Apple in their infinite wisdom decided to disable such functionality.

I see that we have an xDeviceFileWrite widget in the repository, but no sample code. I am quite certain that this would be restricted in where it writes its data to (especially on iPhone), but if you are after sample code you can probably ask support to get it for you.

atostaine

Re: Image questions

Post by atostaine » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:06 pm

Sorry we are on PC so we can use a camera. Sys_web navigate doesn’t load another browser.
Art Tostaine