VLF-WIN 2nd question of the day

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
atostaine

VLF-WIN 2nd question of the day

Post by atostaine » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:26 am

I have many RP's that are used as Business object command handlers. Occasionally we will put an RP in a Form so we can use them as popup forms, field prompters. This has worked for a long time.

Recently we noticed that the Tab key will not move around the RP's components when displayed within the form. We usually use showModalForm to show the forms.

Any ideas? This is very weird. Screen shot is component within form. Tab key just keeps positioning to CREM NO.
shot1.png
shot1.png (177.6 KiB) Viewed 183 times
Art Tostaine

MarkDale

Re: VLF-WIN 2nd question of the day

Post by MarkDale » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:41 am

I'm assuming the ancestor of these reusable parts is VF_AC010 (the VLF-WIN Command handler ancestor, and not some other intermediate ancestor that this site uses).

The begin_com of VF_AC010 is defined like this:
Begin_Com Role(*EXTENDS #PRIM_PANL) Help('Reference this object only as the ancestor of your own tailor made command handler. You should NOT reference any event, method or property within this component unless the framework documentation indicates that this is valid.') Defaultpty(Name) Displayposition(1) Height(312) Left(0) Tabposition(1) Tabstop(False) Top(0) Visualstyle(#VF_VS101) Width(534)

So one thing to try would be in your form - is it possible to override the Tabstop property of the reusable part to True, and see if that makes a difference to tabbing within the reusable part.
(Note: The VF_AC010 begin_com has not changed since 2008)

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:46 am

I did try to make the RP within the form and the RP itself as tabstop(true) it didn’t solve the issue.

We aren’t even sure when this started happening.
Art Tostaine

MarkD

Post by MarkD » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:26 am

Do you have any code in the RP part or its ancestor(s) that is setting focus to things?
If you do, it might be worth checking that it's working as you expect - which probably means just once when the form is initially displayed.
Presumably this is happening on multiple devices?

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:27 am

Yes multiple devices. The back tab works though...
Art Tostaine

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:32 am

I put a keypress event on the first field and all keys are trapped EXCEPT the tab key. Something has grabbed it somehow? I have no idea where to look.
Art Tostaine

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:35 am

The code that showed the popup was similar to this: we show the form, load it, then showmodal so that the form is loaded when the RP initialize runs.

#popup.visible := false
#popup.showform
#popup.mLoad
#popupForm.ShowModalForm

Once I removed showmodalform that tab works. If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.
Art Tostaine