VLF ONE - Is there a way to tell what application I am in

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
caseywhite

VLF ONE - Is there a way to tell what application I am in

Post by caseywhite » Thu May 18, 2017 1:15 am

In VLFONE you can click on an application which changes what business objects you see. I was experimenting with showing different Settings when you click the Settings icon in the upper right but I can't see how to know that the application has been switched. If I click on a filter or command within a business object in an application I could set my own custom property to let me know what application I am now in but since the application is active before I even open a filter or command, I was hoping there was a way to determine what application I am in without me having to code something.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Pablo

Re: VLF ONE - Is there a way to tell what application I am in

Post by Pablo » Thu May 18, 2017 10:26 am

Hi Casey,

Please try this code:

Define_Com Class(#vf_FP002O) Name(#CurrentApplication) Reference(*DYNAMIC)

#CurrentApplication <= #USYSTEM.FrameworkTabFoldertManager.CurrentlyDisplayedVF_UI002O.CurrentManagingVF_FP002OReference

If (#CurrentApplication *Is *null)
#Sys_web.Alert Caption("The framework home page is currently at the front")
Else
#Sys_web.Alert Caption("Application " + #CurrentApplication.uUserObjectType + " is currently at the front")
Endif

caseywhite

Re: VLF ONE - Is there a way to tell what application I am in

Post by caseywhite » Fri May 19, 2017 3:57 am

Thanks Pablo. That is exactly what I needed.