VLF-ONE instancelist headername

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Jurgen.Rentinck

VLF-ONE instancelist headername

Post by Jurgen.Rentinck » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:49 am

Hi,

I can programmatically change the instancelist header name for an instancelist column, this is shown in example DF_T3003O.
But I noticed the column selection menu is not updated, am I able to access the captions in this menu?
In the screenshot I changed the column heading but in the menu the old heading is still shown.
Annotation 2019-01-31 214752.jpg
Annotation 2019-01-31 214752.jpg (88.89 KiB) Viewed 1981 times

MarkDale

Re: VLF-ONE instancelist headername

Post by MarkDale » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:22 am

When you override the instance list using low-level access to the instance list (as in DF_T3003O), you are just overriding the visible instance list, not the framework's internal definition of the instance list.

The menus of columns and various other things are built using the framework's internal definition of the list, so they may be different.
There is a warning about this in this section:
https://docs.lansa.com/14/en/lansa048/i ... 8_7080.htm

You do not have access to override the internal definition of the instance list.

You could write your own snap in instance list if you want to do specialized things in an instance list.

MarkDale

Re: VLF-ONE instancelist headername

Post by MarkDale » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:59 pm

There is a new method in the next VLF EPC (142057) for writing the column caption of an instance list

#avListManager.avSetColumnCaption Ucolumntype(V) Ucolumninstance(2) Ucaption(#DF_ELTX)

The overrride will appear in the column selection menu.