Scheduling thru Windows Task Scheduler

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
lawingo

Scheduling thru Windows Task Scheduler

Post by lawingo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:24 pm

We transfer data from our iSeries to a Windows Server that is used for a Dealer Portal. The transfer happens about 4:30 am and is automated through Windows Task Scheduler. Up until about a month ago everything worked (nothing changed, unless maybe a Windows Update?). Now the Scheduled Job fires and an X-Run is created but nothing happens. The program doesn't actually run. I run this scheduled job through a batch file. The 1st command in the batch file seems to run. It's an SQL clear command:
sqlcmd -S SFCWEB03\LX_WEB03 -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\LANSA_WEB\X_WIN95\X_LANSA\x_pwe\object\TruncateFiles.sql" -A -d LANSA_WEB
However the LANSA execution happens but it doesn't.
start "regular" /high "C:\Program Files (x86)\LANSA_WEB\X_WIN95\X_LANSA\execute\x_run.exe" FORM=WB_DATAF PART=PWE LANG=ENG USER=Administrator
What's even more weird is when I log into the Server and execute the Task everything runs without a hitch. The task runs as "Administrator." The task is set to run whether the user is logged in or not. It runs with the highest privileges.

I'm at an impasse. My 4:30 alarm is getting old :) Any ideas?

Best,
Chad

MarkDale

Re: Scheduling thru Windows Task Scheduler

Post by MarkDale » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:22 am

Is there anything in the Windows event log? (Control panel --> Administrative Tools --> Event Viewer). Sometimes lansa puts messages there. (or x_err.log of course).
Could you modify your program WB_DATAF to output something right at the start, to see if it actually begins?