DateTimeField Calendar Functionality

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Mkolbe

DateTimeField Calendar Functionality

Post by Mkolbe » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:36 pm

I have a DateTimeField in my Dialog (#PRIM_DLG).

When the user selects a date for the month shown in upper left (e.g. July), the date value changes and the calendar is automatically closed. However, if the user chooses a date in the prior or subsequent month (June or August: those shown in yellow in my example), the date value changes, but the calendar remains open. Is this just inherent in the way it works, or is there something I can do to get the calendar to close regardless of which date the user selects?

Define_Com Class(#FS14_StartDate.DateTimeField) Name(#FS14_StartDate) Displayposition(8) Parent(#Details) Tabposition(8) Left(16) Top(396) Width(566) Height(58)

Attachments
DateTimeField Selection.png
DateTimeField Selection.png (21.09 KiB) Viewed 253 times

jyoung

Re: DateTimeField Calendar Functionality

Post by jyoung » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:42 am

I am getting the same behavior.

Although I have noticed when you select a date in the previous or next month, the whole month display changes and the day selected has primary style whereas the cell that you clicked has a secondary theme.

Here it's defaulted to today (June 10th).
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (10.03 KiB) Viewed 237 times
Then select May 26th and the Month changes, the popup stays open, the 26th has the primary style and now April 28th has a secondary style. This is the same cell that was just clicked.
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (11.76 KiB) Viewed 237 times

I would expect that the popup be closed when a date was selected, regardless of whether is the current, previous or next month.
I would send this to support and see what they say.

Joe

Mkolbe

Post by Mkolbe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:27 am

Thanks for confirming. I just submitted an incident on the Support Portal. We'll see what they say.

Mkolbe

Post by Mkolbe » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:20 am

LANSA support confirmed that the DateTimeField calendar functioned for them as it did for me.
They said that this design was intentional (maybe to act as a means to jump forward/backward one month at a time), however, after thinking about it some more they thought it made more sense to close the date window regardless whether you choose a date in the prior, current, or future month. They said this will be addressed in a future release.